Answer the following questions in a clear and organized paragraph. Each paragraph should include a clear and precise thesis (1-2 sentences) that directly addresses the question prompt, at least 1 direct quote from the materials of the course, and at least 5-7 sentences or more that analyze the direct quotes and explain how the evidence supports your thesis.1. What is the value, if any, of philosophy in our daily lives?2. Does seeking a personal philosophy of the meaning of life – grappling with such questions as “How do I know that what I believe is true?”, “What is the difference between right and wrong?”, “What makes an action just?”, “What is beauty?”, “Does God exist?”, “What happens to us after we die?” – make a happier life? Why or why not?Each question is worth 25 points:Thesis (5 points): One or two sentences that directly answer the short-answer question. This is your thesis.Quote(s) from course material (5 points): Give a least one direct quote from the course material that proves your thesis.Evidence (15 points): Analyzing the direct quote(s) and explain how the evidence supports your thesis.
Unit 4 Writing Assignment
- Prompt: After completing the lecture and reading assignments, write a response to the questions following the case at the end of Chapter 8, “Onboarding at Twenty-First Century.” Include at least one (1) biblical example to support your answers. Do not use the questions in your response.
- Requirements: Response must be a minimum of 500 words; APA format.
The case and questions are attached.
WARN Act Business Ethics and decision-making; analysis of HR Law
Analyze the following situation:
The local textile plant has a workforce of 100 full-time hourly workers, 12 part-time workers (less than 15 hours per week), and six managers that are salaried. The company has been struggling for about five years and has just lost its only major account with a sporting clothes company. Contract renegotiations have been intense for the past six months, but they collapsed two days ago. There is barely enough cash to pay workers for their last two weeks of work. In order not to incur additional payroll obligations to the workers, the company has called a meeting of all employees to announce the plant’s closing at the end of the week (in two days). Although the workers were not overly surprised, they were overwhelmed that so many would be seeking employment in their small community within the next few days. Even though the hourly workers are to be terminated at the end of the week (in two days), managers (those that are salaried) will receive their pay for another 60 days as they handle the closing of the plant.
Analyze this situation from the perspective of the company managers and the HR department by addressing the questions below.
Before beginning your analysis, read Section 639.9 “When may notice be given less than 60 days in advance” of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act. Click here to access the WARN Act.
For your report, evaluate management’s human resource plan of action for the immediate plant closing, including the following items:
- Assess the purpose of the WARN act, (WARN Section 639.1). Present potential pros and cons of giving employees 60 days advance notice of a plant closing or mass layoff. What are pros and cons to the employer and employees? Consider not only the legal issues, but also ethical concerns and workplace morale.
- Evaluate whether management’s human resource plan for the immediate plant closing is the correct plan. Is the plan to close in two days (without advanced notice) in violation of the WARN Act or is this plant following their legal obligation to workers under WARN? (Read WARN Section 639.9 when answering this question).
- Utilizing this week’s assigned readings, justify recommendations for possible alternatives the managers and HR have in handling this scenario. What strategic planning might have enabled the company to stay open? Present types of employee assistance management might provide or recommend if workers must depart in two days. How could this company demonstrate ethical treatment of employees during the closing?
- Compose your report in APA format, with a title page, brief introduction and conclusion, body, and reference page. (Body of paper should be 1-3 pages)
You will want to choose ONE company to write about (from the fast-food industry). This outline should be 1-2 pages long.
Company of choice in fast food industry (should be nationwide company)
- History of the company
- Current CEO
- Amount of locations
- Goals for the paper (what are you going to be writing about in this paper)
- Mission statement
- Actual mission statement of the company…
- What I liked about?
- What I did not like about it?
- What I would change about it?
- When did it come to existence?
- SMART Goals with deadlines (3 goals you want the business to achieve in the future) (https://fitsmallbusiness.com/smart-goals-examples/, https://www.thebalancesmb.com/elements-of-a-smart-business-goal-2951530, https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/smart-goals.htm)
- Industry analysis (https://www.franchisehelp.com/industry-reports/fast-food-industry-analysis-2018-cost-trends/, https://www.statista.com/topics/863/fast-food/, http://www.historyoffastfood.com/)
- SWOTT Analysis
- Perceptual map (Examples in chat #4, no actual map for unit 4 DB please)
- LABEL POINTS (TWO OF THEM)
- Listen to chat which provides several examples of label options
- Competitors that will be plotted in the map (including your company of choice)
- LABEL POINTS (TWO OF THEM)
- Recap of the paper (use a sentence at the most)
- References (5-10
Discussion post of 500 words followed by response on classmates discussion 150 words each.
Please read instructions carefully
Class mates discussion posts will be sent via message because they can only be accessed after posting the initial discussion post.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- In your textbook, read Chapters 5 and 6.
- As you read, think about which is more valuable to you: $100 today or $110 in one year?
- To help you further understand the chapter, download and review the PowerPoint files, Chapter 5 – Introduction to Valuation: The Time Value of Money and Chapter 6 – Discounted Cash Flow Valuation.
- Watch the videos for “Time Value of Money Part I” and “Time Value of Money Part II” that are linked within the Resources section of this page.
- Navigate to the Discussion page and respond to the following prompts:
- Consider Example 5.7 in your textbook: In this example, why is $100 only worth $9.23 today?
- Discounting: If we increased the length of time involved, would this present value increase or decrease?
- Compounding: If the going rate of the savings certificate increased above 10%, what would happen to the future value of the certificate? Would it be above or below $100?
- Ethics: Is this scenario deceptive advertising? Why or why not?
- Support your position with at least one biblical principle with a specific Bible verse that you feel is relevant to the situation (explain how and why it applies).
- Your discussion should be based on the chapter readings, videos, and the Four Lens Worldview Model, as well as other resources that can contribute to the discussion.
- Your initial post should be 500 words in length and include at least one academic source that is properly cited. Your initial post is due by the end of the fourth day of the workshop.
- Respond to two of your classmates’ postings, writing as if you were reviewing their postings in an academic journal. Your discussion responses should therefore answer the following questions as applicable:
- Are your classmates’ arguments articulate and logical? Are their facts correct?
- Are your classmates’ interpretations reasonable and consistent with experts in the field? Are your classmates consistent with both the substance and intent of their references?
- Your discussion responses should not focus on whether or not you agree with your classmates, but how well they present their positions. Each response should be at least 150 words in length and cite at least one academic source. Please strive to make your discussion responses either extend the scholarly discussion in a productive direction, or offer thoughtful analysis that helps your classmates deepen their own understanding.
This assignment provides you with an opportunity to create a code of ethics for you and your family, as well as to explain the strategies and thought processes that went into developing the code. First, create an original code of ethics for your family by thinking about your family as an organization. In your code of ethics, please include the following items:
- guiding principles,
- purpose of the code,
- core values,
- training and education (How will you train and educate others about the code?),
- who it covers,
- mission statement, and
- other pertinent elements you feel necessary to have a comprehensive code of ethics.
The next part of this assignment involves an evaluation, where you describe the thought process behind the code of ethics that you prepared. For the evaluation part of this assignment, draft an essay to include the following items:
- Identify the key roles of those who have a vested interest in the ethical behavior that your code defines.
- Explain the strategies and thought processes that you used to formulate the code.
- Explain how you would strategically implement and communicate the code to others in the organization.
- Explain how you will monitor the practice of ethical decision-making.
- Provided that laws exist and have been enacted for resolving conflict, why do we also need a code of ethics?
In the process of writing your code, you must research the topic of codes of ethics and incorporate at least two articles, no older than five years. Your code and evaluation must be at least 1,000 words. Format the code as you like; however, be sure it is professional and legible. Format the evaluation part of the assignment by using APA Style. Save both parts in one Word document, and submit it in Blackboard for grading.
- Read A Refresher on Statistical Significance (Links to an external site.) by Gallo (2016) and read James 1:5, Proverbs 9:9–10, and Matthew 22:39.
- Respond to the following questions:
- Why do economists and statisticians use samples to draw inferences from data?
- What roles do variation and sampling error play in determining statistical significance?
- Provide an example how how these concepts can be applied in the real world.
- How could or should the biblical passages alter our worldview as students of business?
- This discussion must be 250 words or more.
- I attached A Refresher on Statistical Significance PDF to this question.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Understanding the mind of the consumer is important when developing a marketing strategy. Why is it important to understand how attitudes are formed and changed through motivation and emotion? How can understanding the attitudes help you when creating a marketing strategy?
Wk 3 – Impact of Cultural Values on Consumer Behavior Paper
Impact of Cultural Values on Consumer Behavior Paper [due Mon]Assignment Content
Choose one of the following changes in cultural values to review and discuss: (1) green marketing, (2) cause-related marketing, (3) gender-based marketing, or (4) marketing to gay and lesbian consumers.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which the interrelationship between consumer behavior and changes in cultural values is reviewed.
Find three specific examples of organizations marketing to these changes in cultural values. Examples may be mission/value statements, print advertising, website content, and press releases, among others.
Using these examples, what is your opinion of how the company uses the understanding of changing cultural values to create and implement its marketing strategy?
Discuss each example you found using specific information.
Include screenshots or copies of the marketing pieces you examined.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
The four management functions are Planning, Organizing, Leading and Controlling. Planning identifies the goals for the future of the organization and the path to get there. Organizing is how the organization plans to accomplish the organizations plan. Leading is the use of motivating and influencing employees to reach the goals. Leaders should use communication, motivation, and create a shared vision. Controlling is monitoring employees’ actions to determine if the organization is on the right path to reach the goals (Draft, 2013).
The roles that leadership and innovation plays in the four management functions are important. “Innovation in products, services, management systems, production processes, cooperate values, ant other aspects of the organization are what keep companies growing, changing and thriving (Draft, 2014 pg. 5)”. If an organization doesn’t keep fresh new ideas, talent, skills, services, or products they can’t stay competitive in the market. The organization will not have long term viability. Organizations need to proactive with innovation. They must follow trends and deep technology and innovation up to date. Leaders need to be adaptable to the changes with technology and innovation. Leadership needs to anticipate change and adjust accordingly. If the leadership doesn’t adapt to the change, they will be unable to lead the organization through the innovation (Draft, 2013).
Effective innovation leadership is not depending on the imagination of a select few employees. Effective innovation leadership has three necessary forces 1. Toolset. This is the resources, tools, and techniques needed to implement innovation in the organization, to communicate the path to achieve the new goals, and to create commitment from employees. 2. Skillset. This is what is needed to allow innovated leaders to use their experience, knowledge, and talent to accomplish the organizational goals. 3.Mindset. Mindset is the beliefs, moral, vision, attitudes and behaviors that are needed for the leaders to reach the organizational goals (Horth, 2014).
Draft, R L. (2014). Management. Management. (11th ed.). Mason. OH: South-Western Cengage Learning. ISBN: 13: 978-1-285-06865-7
Horth, D M & Vehar, J. (2014). Becoming a leader who fosters innovation. Center for Creative Leadership. https://www.ccl.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BecomingLeaderFostersInnovation.pdf
All the information and papers on brainyhomeworkhelp.com website is published ingood faith and for research and reference purposes only. We do not allow submitting these papers as it is for academic credit.
+1(424) 378 3518