Endorsements, Brought to You by Lindsay Lohan
Even with the low ratings for the believability of celebrity endorsers, advertisers still use them to influence consumers. Knowing this, please answer the following:
- Why are celebrities used in advertisements?
- Link us to one example of a “good” celebrity endorsement/product match. Explain what makes it good.
- Link us to one example of a “bad” celebrity endorsement/product match. Explain what makes it bad.
- Should celebrities continue to be used in advertisements? Take a position (either “yes” or “no”) and then very thoughtfully explain your answer.
- Share a time that you or someone that you know has been influenced by a celebrity endorsement.