Communications for Managers M5
Assignment 2: Required Assignment 2—Communications Plan and Presentation
In M3: Assignment 2, you developed a communications policy that mapped the type of communications messages for a specific audience at a company. In this assignment, you will go a step further and create a communications plan for your selected company. Refer to your work in M3: Assignment 2.
For the same company you selected in Module 3, create a complete Communications Plan with an accompanying PowerPoint presentation for key stakeholder group(s). The Communications Plan should focus on a specific project or initiative to be implemented or event to be managed. The plan should describe the specific project to be implemented including the business problem or purpose, the specific objectives of the project, and the key stakeholder groups and their role in the initiative.
The Communications Plan for this initiative should include the following:
- Goals and Objectives of the Communication Plan
- Key Messages
- Media and Tools
- Specific Tactics (describe the implementation)
- Legal or ethical Issues
- Monitoring/Control Strategy (during implementation)
- Communications Strategy (to include communication of financial as well as ethical or value-based implications to various stakeholders)
- Outcome Evaluation, including contribution to the mission of the organization
The following Web site can be used as a reference for the document to be created:
- Bray, R. (2002). Spin works! Spin Academy. Retrieved from http://spinacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/SPIN-Works.pdf
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Complete this assignment in two parts:
- Create an 8–10-page report in Word format covering the points mentioned above. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A2a.doc.
- Develop a 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation summarizing the key concepts and salient points of the plan. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A2b.ppt.
By Wednesday, July 12, 2017, submit your assignment to the M5: Assignment 2 RA 2 Dropbox.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Created a complete, relevant communications plan focusing on a specific project or initiative to be implemented or event to be managed.
Explained the specific project to be implemented including the business problem or purpose, the specific objectives of the project, and the key stakeholder groups and their role in the initiative.
Examined in detail all relevant items listed for this assignment in the communications plan.
Developed an accompanying PowerPoint presentation with key concepts and salient points for key stakeholder group(s).
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.