COM301 CT 8
Option #1: Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace
Consider an interpersonal relationship you have had in the workplace. For this assignment you are asked to analyze the relationship using the following questions:
- What was the nature of the relationship?
- How does this relationship impact your perception (selection, organization, interpretation), impression management, the performance of your self-concepts– including some of the different strategies of interpersonal communication discussed throughout the course?
- What intercultural barriers are present within this relationship (consider factors of gender, sex, ethnicity, and age, for example)? How did you address these barriers?
- What are the verbal and nonverbal challenges within this relationship? How do these affect the relationship?
- What conflict, if any, has occurred, and how have you managed this?
- What strategies can you employ to enhance this relationship?
Final Paper Instructions:
- Include an introduction. It must provide a clear statement of your position on the topic.
- Your paper must be at eight to ten pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Examine each area of the consultancy report by providing citations from at least five sources. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find sources.
- A credible source is defined as:
- a scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article
- a government-based website or publication
- a trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org
- The paper shall comply with the requirements defined within CSU-Global APA Guidelines.
- Refer to the Portfolio Project rubric for grading criteria.
Your paper is expected to have depth and offer a thoughtful analysis. The paper should be based on references to scholarly materials (rather than on introductory textbooks, popular website writings, or musings, for example) and should support your claims with evidence.
The most common mistakes in writing an essay are (a) simply summarizing the topic and not analyzing it or discussing your views and (b) failing to relate the subject to the broader context as discussed in class and as found in the readings.
The paper and preliminary deliverables must be well written and formatted in conformity with the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements