1. Roles in organizations can be both formal and informal. a. True b. False 2. Which of the following isn’t helpful in improving a manager’s
1. Roles in organizations can be both formal and informal.
2. Which of the following isn’t helpful in improving a manager’s communication skills and performance?
a. Empowering individuals
b. Valuing the customer
c. Listening actively
d. Talking quickly and loudly
3. Taya was feeling dissatisfied with her job because of poor work conditions, too much supervision, unfair company policy, and a weak relationship with her supervisor. These are characteristics of
a. motivating factors.
b. hygienic factors.
c. communication apprehension.
d. incentive rewards.
4. When Crystal first met Tim, he was yelling into his telephone and making demands of the person on the other end. Crystal decided that she could never be a friend of a person with such a bad temper. Crystal was engaging in
b. emotional interruption.
c. interpersonal attribution.
d. performance avoidance.
5. Using “I-messages” and avoiding judgmental attitudes are examples of non-evaluative communication.